All answers about DAFS
1) .. why for car, VAN,
To install in car
tank additional fuel level sensor is hard and expencive.
additional fuel level sensor in car willl be need:
- remove from car original car fuel tank (it is not
- secure the fuel tank (tank steamed) - in tank was
(or fill in tank water and alll further mechanical
operation only with water in tank);
- find the place for new fuel level sensor - it is
very difficult. Car fuel tank has very complex form.
And very often is not possible to find correct place
for installation new fuel level sensor.
- make holes for new fuel level sensor;
- mount fuel level sensor;
(remove from car fuel tank water);
- install fuel tank in car.
2) Why DAFS ?
At first, about regular car fuel level sensor
- Regular fuel level sensor is direcrly connected to car
Car electrical power fluctuate dpending of engine RPM
and it mean that output voltage of fuel level sensor
also will be fluctuate
- When in car ignition key will be in OFF positionand
car regular fuel level sensor will not be powering;
- working output voltage of car regular fuel level
sensor is very narrow (small dynamic range),
For example, it can be about from 3 Volts and up to 6
- ouput voltage from car regular fuel level sensor is
not stable (not filtering);
- over 90% of car , regualr fuel level sensor has an
2 What do DAFS (in brief)
For example (only):
1). Car power voltage is 12 Volts
2). Minimal normal car power voltage is 11 Volts and
maximum car voltage is 14 V (maximum engine RPM);
3) from car regular fuel level sensor signal: from 3
volt and up to 6 volts (operative voltage delta is only
4). When Ignition key is Off - output signal will be 10
3) What do DAFS inside:?
input sigmal (will not be fluctiation depending of
primery car voltage);
- fix input signal to vehicle GND circuit (by other
words now operartion signal will be from 0 and up to 3
- expands input signal (now it will be from 0 and up to
- processing (filtering) input signal;
- store the code of input signal in internal memory and
when ignition key will be in Off position DAFS will send
to telamitic module the latest valid signal.
- conver the signal to digital form - this allow to
connect vehicle telematic moduel with digital interface
(RS-232 or RS485)
4) What DAFS do?
DAFS receive voltage level from vehicle regular fuel
level sensor and fix input signal
to vehicle GND circuit.
This input signal converted in to digital form (digital
code) and DAFS2 main processor carry out
valuation and filtration this signal.
This processing code is storing in main processor
Further this code of fuel level transmitting to vehicle
telematic module in digital form by RS-232
communication interface or/and converted in to analog
form for transmitting to vehicle telematic
module with analog input.
Based, that when the ignition switch is in OFF position,
the data from vehicle regular fuel level
sensor is not valid, main processor insert the last
valid data to output signal (output code or output